Suicide in Ohio has increased by 24% in the past decade. Every year close to 800,000 people take their own life globally and there are many more people who attempt suicide. Every suicide is a tragedy that affects families, communities and entire countries and has long-lasting effects on the people left behind. Suicide is a serious public health problem; however, suicides are preventable with timely, evidence-based and often low-cost interventions.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Fairfield County
- Fairfield County 2-1-1
(Information & Referral)
- Fairfield County ADAMH Board
- Fairfield County Coroner’s Office
- Fairfield County Department of Health
- Fairfield County District Library
- Fairfield County Job and Family Services
- Fairfield County Sheriff’s Office
- FAIRHOPE Hospice
- Lancaster City School District
QPR (Question, Persuade, and Refer) Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention is a 1-2 hour educational program designed to teach lay and professional “gatekeepers” the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to respond.
If you are interested in a training or would like a training for your workplace, please contact us for more information.
The Suicide Prevention Coalition is a proud supporter of the Man Therapy program to promote mental health and awareness among men ages 25–54.
Keep up-to-date with the coalition’s activities by ‘Liking’ our page on Facebook!