- Generous Sponsors! We are so grateful to the many individuals and businesses that provided financial and material support to the event including: Silver Sponsors: Fairfield Federal Savings & Loan, Cristy’s Pizza, Ohio University Lancaster Student Social Work Association, Ohio University Lancaster Human Services Technology Program; Bronze Sponsors: Piper’s Service Center, Lancaster Police Department, Stebelton Snider LPA, Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, Jimmy Johns, Diamond Jim’s, N8 Family Chiropractic Center, The Perry Family, and Fairfield National Bank; plus many Friends of ADAMH!
- Great Opening! We were honored and privileged for Director Tracy J. Pouck, Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services, to give us the latest scoop on the many changes in Ohio public behavioral health.
- Friends! Seeing long-time friends and making new friends was an important part of the day to combat the isolation that often occurs with a mental health or addiction disorder.
- 411! Twelve workshops with lots of great info about: Employment in recovery, The brain, Eating well, The court and recovery, Navigating the behavioral health system, Peer support, Art as a tool in recovery, Keeping physically fit, Crisis intervention, How to take care of yourself when you are taking care of others, and Public assistance updates.
- Workshop Speakers! Shannon Carter, Trisha Clifford-Sprouse, Melissa Erwin, Shannon White, Karen Elson, Marcy Fields, Miranda Gray, Melissa Lews, Judge James A. Fields, Nate Green, Kerith Palletti, Becky Wilkins, Anita Morehart, Lisa Skeens, Marla Hurst, Paige Bashaw, Korney Hewitt, Jennifer Sitterly-Baum, Meghan Arnold.
- Exhibitors! Cooperation with the Professional Community, Diley Ridge Medical Center, Fairfield County 211, Fairfield County ADAMH Board, Fairfield County Reentry, Fairfield County Mental Health Consumer Group (FMHCG), Integrated Services, Job and Family Services Ohio Means Jobs Center, Lutheran Social Services, Mental Health America of Franklin County, Mid-Ohio Psychological Services, New Horizons Mental Health Services, Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry, Ohio University Lancaster Social Work and Human Service Tech Programs, The Lighthouse, The Recovery Center, The Y, and Tyler’s Light. Help information
- Crossroads and First United Methodist Church! We appreciate the use of their perfect venue and gracious help throughout the day.
- Food! Culinary enjoyment was had by all with the dinner, dessert, and snacks.
- Volunteers! Kudos and thanks to the Ohio University Lancaster Student Social Work Association, Students from the Human Services Technology Program, and many other volunteers for their tremendous help to make it happen.
- Steering Committee! Thankful for the dedication, creativity, and hard work of the Conference Steering Committee: Sheri Perry, Jodi Andes, Jacqueline Elk, Karen Elson, Kortney Hewitt, Maureen Keller, Meghan Arnold, Nadine Carroll, Paige Bashaw, Pam Kaylor, Ph.D..
- Keynote Speaker! Hank Walters regaled the audience with his stories about life before and after addiction.
- Entertainment! DJ Michael Ashton rocked the last hour of the conference with his deejay style to celebrate recovery.
Twelve Things to Love About the 2016 Fairfield County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery Conference!
This blog was written by: Rhonda Myers, MA, MSW, LISW-S (ADAMH Executive Director)
We are so excited to have held the first annual Fairfield County Mental Health & Addiction Recovery Conference yesterday, Thursday, September 29, 2016. There were many wonderful things about the day, below are just a few…